Friday, April 4, 2014

What I'm up to at the moment.

I am trying to get into the habit of updating once or twice a week. Apparently if I don't, you will feel left out of my life.  If you do you will fit right in.  I feel left out of my life every so often.  I'll be just on autopilot and suddenly I'm wondering where the time went.

Here is a bit of news.

Our family is hosting a Seder on Passover this year at our church.  This is the real deal and not an explanation of a seder with the fun parts left out.  How do we keep Christians learning without them turning it into a 4 hour service?  We'll see.

Next, I have recently re-released Acoustic One Shot, my internet only album from 1996.  It was updated and released as a CD in 2004 but has been out of print since then.  It's just me and an acoustic guitar with the emphasis on the songs themselves.  A similar re-release is being treated in the studio right now called Jael Unplugged, Live at the Uptown Coffee House.  The guitar sounds were never right on the earlier version and some songs were left off but thanks to the miracle of modern recording techniques we will rescue it and a truly worthy version will be released.

I mention this because Unplugged starts with a song that fits the beginning of this update.  It's called "Who Knows Where the Time Goes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment